Subject: Q: /kern , /proc?
To: port hp300 <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/06/1997 11:14:56
What are these two mounts for?
I can see that in /kern is information of the kernel and
in /proc information about the processes.
But are there tuning or preformance issues releated to these two.
(i.e. the take or give they some preformance)
I also dont know how to question /proc about more information.
If I do 'ls' or 'ls -l' it stays the same and just lists the pid's of the
the living processes.

I am not sure if it is due to the mount /proc but currently my
'ps' does not work [ps: proc size mismatch (1304 total, 648 chunks)]
I have a new kerenel on a 1.2.1 userland, maybe it will be o.k. once I
have compiled and installed the rest of 'current'.

What would be the optimal state for a system to compile as fast as possible?
What kind of caching or buffering could be added compared to a
release setup?

     Thanks so far and
        Bye   Brusi

            by           ab2@inf.tu-dresden.de