Subject: Re: 'make build' on hp300, part 2.
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/29/1997 11:14:14
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > Not having a lot of luck building gcc either.  8(
>  >
>  > I'll try a few other things tonight, and hopefully my net
>  > route will be back so I can resup.
>
> I seem to recall that you bumped the clock speed on your machine to 33MHz.
> I would recommend dropping back to 25MHz.  I've heard of this sort of
> thing happening when a CPU is pushed beyond its capacity.

Yes, but it's normally erratic, and generally shows up after
the CPU has had time to overheat.  The error I quoted was
100% repeatable.  Nevertheless, downclocking was on the list
of things to try tonight; I have to extricate the machine
first and that'll take some time 8(

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"