Subject: SCSI problems
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/25/1997 17:09:55
The disk I'm working on right now was pulled from an HP
Apallo 400 that wouldnt boot at all. I'm in the process
of install netbsd 1.2.1 on it.

Ok, I've got my disk partitioned and newfsed, and I can
mount /dev/sd0a and do things to it. Cool.

Heres my problem. I have a little installs script that
mounts /dev/sd0a, then nfs_mounts wustl's archive of NetBSD
and untars it all into /mnt, then installs a bootsector on
the disk. I've been doing mass installs of NetBSD :)

This is the second time I've run across the following problem:
Durring write, I get

scsi0: unexpected phase 2 in finishxfer from 5
scsi0: targ 5 abort from finishxfer: phase=0x8a, ssts=0x91, ints=0x0
scsi0: abort failed. phase=0xe, ssts=0x81
sd0: scsi sense class 7, code 0, key 0

Well, I get LOTS of those.

Also, I switched terminators (both are single ended SCSI).
This SCSI box (tis all external) I'm using worked on a different
disk (NetBSD 1.1 as a matter of fact).

I'm using a hp380 w/ built in HP-IB & SCSI controller. The disk
is a sd2213A.

HELP!

Thanx,
        Nate