Subject: Re: Support for 425e with SGC video?
To: Jay Lovell <Jay.Lovell@bridge.bst.bls.com>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/25/1997 12:48:33
Jay Lovell wrote:

> Actually, I may have (b) {Documentation} as well.  I have an HP-UX LaserRom
> with every manual ever made for the HP 300/400 series on it.

Oooh.  If that includes hardware references, then I suspect that
we would like to talk to you about that one 8)

> I have gcc genned on the HP-UX boxes and can gen a cross-compiler for the
> NetBSD platform probably fairly easily.  Let me know what to use as the
> target string to make sure I gen something that is usable though.

The easiest way to do the development will be under NetBSD;
with other HP machines in your cluster getting NetBSD bootstrapped
on your 425 will be pretty straightforward (happy to help with
this if you need it), and then you can use it to do your compiles.

I'm doing all my building and testing using a single 425t.  One
thing that's worth the effort; go out and buy a 66MHz crystal
oscillator and replace the 50MHz unit next to the CPU (check
that yours is socketed first, perhaps).  The extra performance
makes a handy difference for longer tasks.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"