Subject: Re: Support for 425e with SGC video?
To: None <jay.lovell@bridge.bellsouth.com, thorpej@lestat.nas.nasa.gov>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/24/1997 16:48:12
Re SGC-based graphics:

The stuff you need from Utah's hp700 Mach port is

	hpsgc/grf_machdep.c
	hpsgc/grf_sti*

note that the name, "hpsgc," sounds like general SGC support.  But don't
let that fool you!  It is really just what we called the collected hp700
I/O support.

STI (standard text interface) is the name of the interface used to talk
to the SGC-based graphics cards.  If you can find the location of the
STI rom, then the hp700 drivers will get you going (he asserts boldly).
I would think that the boot ROM would tell you where to look for the SGC
cards.  On the hp700 there are 4 slots starting at 0x20000000 with each
being 0x400000 (? I don't recall for sure) bytes.

Re topcat/catseye docs:

There were HP ERS's ("external reference specifications", I think)
but they were/are proprietary.  Other than that, there is just the X
server source.