Subject: Re: Apollo keyboard, serial drivers (announce)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/17/1997 10:40:55
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > and variants therof with no luck (various responses).  This is
>  > with an old Matsushita (CR-503B) that I keep because I can boot
>  > old Suns off it.  Mechanically it's very tired, but logic-wise
>  > it seems A-OK.
>
> ...can you give me an idea of what the errors are?

I'll hook it up again and give you either a transcript or a
retraction 8)

> ...part of the challenge on the hp300 is dealing with scheduling
> SCSI transfers on the DMA controller, and the callback mechanism
> used to kick the HP SCSI hard once it has the DMA controller...

Hmm, how many DMA consumers are there?  I guess on another
system you could have SCSI and more than one HPIB, which would
need more than the two channels available.  Then there's the
parallel port too.

> I have docs on the Fujitsu chip.  I could look at making a copy
> for you.

It would be interesting at the very least; I'd like to think
I could do something useful with it, but not being that much of
a SCSI guru I suspect I'd spend some (fun) time floundering for
a little while initially.

Of course, what would make it All Worth While (tm) would be
doing it MI using a bus.h implementation.  I'm still keen
to comprehend that 8)

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"