Subject: bus.h (was Re: Apollo keyboard, serial drivers (announce))
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/17/1997 00:20:26
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > If you wish, I'll clean up and rename the apkbd driver
>  > (de-cruft it in particular) and post the diffs in a day or two.
>
> Sure... That'd be fine... I don't anticipate being able to do any
> serious integration work until this weekend (at which time I want
> to rework the HIL a little bit), and probably not until Sunday
> in any event.

Ok, it's cleaned.  I'm just tinkering with whether I can
actually work out that this is a 425 and not a 380; it's narking
me something fierce 8)  Almost as bad as just how much has
to be recompiled when you change cpu.h...

Speaking of working stuff out, is there anywhere I can go for
a discussion of the bus.h implementation?  As you know, the
ISA/EISA space on the 4xx's is raaather weird, and while I
_think_ I have a fairly clear understanding of most of what
goes on, I'd like to ask a few questions and heave a few
ideas around to see how it should _really_ be done.

Is there a more appropriate forum than this list for such a
discussion?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"