Subject: Apollo keyboard, serial drivers (announce)
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/15/1997 04:44:33
The subject says it all.  In the file :

ftp://spam.frisbee.net.au/pub/apollo/NetBSD/frodo.diff.gz

are drivers for NetBSD-vaguely-current for :

 - The Apollo Utility ("frodo") chip in the HP9000/4xx series
   machines.
 - The 8250-like UARTs in the above chip.
 - The Apollo keyboard (both 'old' and 'new' types).

These patches alter the HIL keyboard driver to coexist, alter ite
in order to teach it about multiple keyboards (and to unlearn all
the bad things it knew about the HIL keyboard).  They also include
the about-to-be-committed changes that Jason derived from my
work for the SYS_UBOOT bootstrap.

All in all, this provides for complete support for Apollo Domain
keyboards in bootstrap and console mode.  There has been an
expression of interest in making X understand these keyboards,
and I look forward to working with Herb to make this happen.

Please note, as you look over the source, that there is assorted
leftover cruft, particularly in the apkbd driver, which will be
systematically pruned.

Also, if you have a keyboard with a non-US layout, I'm especially
interested in the apkbd0 probe line, and in your keymap.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"