Subject: Re: dcm vs. serial console (was Re: Binary snapshot available)
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/14/1997 08:17:48
Hello,

> On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
> > So, to follow up on this, there seem to be serious bugs with the DCM
> > as console... Scott Reynolds has ready access to hardware, and I talk
> > with him on a very regular basis, and he's working on the problems.
>
> I forgot to mention that with some help from Jason, I tracked down what
> the problem was in the dcm driver when it's to be used as a serial
> console.  Note that you may also have to build modified boot blocks with
> -DFORCEDCMCONSOLE to make them see the dcm console, as well; I just
> committed the (minor) modification that allows this to work, so it should
> show up by the time most of you read this.
>
> --scott

Thanks. I sure hope it will work. But ... (there always seems to be one ;-))

I cann't compile bootblocks or kernels, so if you want me to try it out on
my 370, I need the binaries...

BTW: the bootblock itself didn't give me any trouble. It all worked until the
     kernel was initializing. Or was it the state the bootblock left the
     driver ?

Elmar

--
Terror : Appropriate reaction after considering the terrain
				Henry Beard & Roy McKie, A skiers dictionary