Subject: dcm vs. serial console (was Re: Binary snapshot available)
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/14/1997 01:05:29
On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> So, to follow up on this, there seem to be serious bugs with the DCM
> as console... Scott Reynolds has ready access to hardware, and I talk
> with him on a very regular basis, and he's working on the problems.

I forgot to mention that with some help from Jason, I tracked down what
the problem was in the dcm driver when it's to be used as a serial
console.  Note that you may also have to build modified boot blocks with
-DFORCEDCMCONSOLE to make them see the dcm console, as well; I just
committed the (minor) modification that allows this to work, so it should
show up by the time most of you read this.

--scott