Subject: make install and stuff
To: NetBSD/hp300 port list <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wes Brown <wes@prozac.eeap.cwru.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/09/1997 13:37:08
Have you ever tried to do either of the following on a mostly empty
directory structure:

make DESTDIR=/mnt includes && make DESTDIR=/mnt install

or

DESTDIR=/mnt
export DESTDIR
make includes && make install

I have completely made the "current" stuff from about 2 weeks ago shortly
after we went m68k8k.  I have a general "root" file system that I pushed to
the disk, but the file system that is mounted on /mnt/usr just has a newfs.

Also, could someone provide a list of site specific files?  I have:
myname
mygate
hostname.le0
resolv.conf
hosts

I am writing a perl script that will autoconfigure those files by asking a
few questions.  (Yes, I have built perl and bash for the system.  I do not
understand why it is not part of the system, but maybe it is because of
room)

Wes
---
Wes Brown