Subject: Re: Apollo keyboard driver for hp9000/4xx series - feedback
To: Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/07/1997 14:04:03
On Mon, 7 Apr 1997 23:04:05 +0200 (MDT)
 Michael Joosten <joost@c-lab.de> wrote:

 > options         DIAGNOSTIC
 > or ffs_statfs will panic on me, because the magic # the kernel has read from
 > the root partition is not correct. Looks like the SCSI controller for the 400t
 > is somehow not correctly configured, as the attempt of dumping the system
 > fails, too. Wierd.

Agh!  Actually, it looks like you might have been the victim of a bug
that was introduced that caused the external cache to not be manipulated
properly by the DMA code on 345/375/400 systems.  Mycroft has since
checked in a change to fix it.  I will be reorging that code soon to
make such accidents less likely to occur.

If you boot a GENERIC kernel, you should be OK, so that you can update
your sources and build a new kernel.