Subject: Re: ZIP disk/domestic/bootstrapping...
To: Ross Sponholtz <rossspon@mindspring.com>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/01/1997 15:00:42
On Tue, 1 Apr 1997 08:54:50 -0500
 "Ross Sponholtz" <rossspon@mindspring.com> wrote:

 > Surprisingly, I have had absolutely no luck dd'ing onto a ZIP disk.  I
 > dd'ed off all of the
 > data, but I haven't been able to put it back on.  Any hints would be
 > appreciated.

...hmmm, interesting.  I need some more information to sort this out:

	- The exact command you used to dd the data onto the disk.

	- The exact error messages you encounter.

	- The output of both:

		disklabel sdN
		disklabel -r sdN

	  ...where N is the unit number that the ZIP drive lives on.

Hmm... sheesh, ZIP drives are so cheap, maybe I should go out and get
one one fo these days...