Subject: Re: 1.2 /dev/hil%d
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/31/1997 12:32:16
On Mon, 31 Mar 1997 09:31:49 -0500 (EST)
 der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> wrote:

 > Is the HIL event queue stuff Just Not There?  Certainly much of the
 > _other_ code for event queueing is there, and if an X server works
 > under 1.2 then there must be _some_ sort of keyboard interface.  What
 > is it?  Does it just use the read() interface?

...the hil queue stuff is not implemented, and I don't plan on implementing
it in such a way as would be compatible with the currently-defined API.

I _do_ plan on implementing generic "workstation console" event code
that conforms to the nwscons API (the one that's not yet been committed
to NetBSD/alpha :-)

 > If this interface still isn't there in -current, I would strongly
 > recommend that hil(4) either not mention that interface at all or warn
 > that it is not yet working.

Go ahead and commit this change to the manual page.