Subject: Re: more on the 400-series utility chip
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/22/1997 01:29:03
Herb Peyerl wrote:

> mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>  wrote:
>  > Am I getting too demanding yet?  How about bit assignments
>
> nope. sorry.

Ok; that's fair enough 8)

>  > Any idea which IPL this part is normally on?
>
> nope.

I'll have to study how to vector interrupts in the hp300 kernel
then, or perhaps someone else will have some ideas on how to
track it down.

> hmmm... I'm wondering if this is just a way of directing the util
> chip to do pio for you? ie: the intel equivalents to inb/outb?

It actually looks like it's designed for handshaking, which kinda
duplicates the 8250 MCR/MSR stuff.  Weird.

Thanks a heap for your help here!

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"