Subject: Re: more on the 400-series utility chip
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/22/1997 00:36:41
Herb Peyerl wrote:

>  > >         0x0080          calendar of some sort
>  >
>  > This one's a bit weird; have to keep looking at it.
>
> I don't think you're terribly interested in that calendar 'cuz there's no
> battery hooked up to it.

Hmm, so the battery on the 425 board talks to the HP clock?  Fair
enough.

> The "docs" that I have from the Apollo DN2500 (codenamed "frodo") and the
> "utility chip" that it has indicate effectively what you guys are seeing
> as far as layout.

Ah, now I understand why it's called the "frodo" chip. Guess I'd better
rename my driver at some stage 8)

> I have:
>     cpu_isr     base+0xc0   interrupt status reg
>                 bit 5     53c90 scsi interrupt.
>                 bit 4     53c90 DMA request.

I would guess that these aren't used on the 4xx...

>     cpu_ccr     base+0xd0   cpu control reg
>     diag_cr     base+0xd0   Diagnostic mode control register
>                 bit 7     fpu enable
>                 bit 6     toggle parity value when bit 5 is low
>                 bit 5     force parity error
>                 bit 4     clear parity error & buserr reg
>                 bit 3     enable 4mbit drams, hi=1mbit, lo=4mbit
>                 bit 2     disable parity error nmi.
>                 bit 1     margin power supply low
>                 bit 0     margin power supply high

Any idea if any of these at all are used?  It would appear that
the HP hardware covers some of these functions elsewhere.

>     pic         base+0xe0

No details on this one? 8(

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"