Subject: Utility chip sio's on 4xx (more stories)
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/19/1997 18:49:13
Well, I'm still pursuing this one.  Some persistent reading of various
things leads me to this :

 - There are 4 sio ports in the 'utility chip'.
    0 : apollo keyboard port
    1 : disabled in HP mode in favour of the onboard dca port
    2 : goes to 232 port
    3 : goes to 232 port

 - The register model is that of the 8250, with 8-bits registers on
   longword (32-bit) boundaries.

 - There is a bytewide control register at 0x2021c0e0 which contains
   control bits (interrupt enables perhaps?) for these ports, the 4
   MSB correspond to the 4 ports.

I still haven't been able to find the absolute base address of the ports;
if someone with an HP/UX system can send me the /etc/master details for
the apci driver I'd be very grateful, as I think that's the key.