Subject: Booting -current diskless?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/18/1997 00:35:01
Well, it looks like I was a bit premature with my happiness 8(

The 970315 snapshot kernels boot just fine on my diskless
425, but a kernel built from a sup tonight (970317) fails at :

boot device : le0
nfs_boot: using network interface 'le0'
revarp failed, errno=51cannot mount root, error = 5

and waits prompting for a device.  tpcdump shows me that it's
generating revarp requests, and the server is giving it a
response back.

Is this an hp-specific issue, or are there other lists I should
be lurking on as well to keep up with this sort of thing?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"