Subject: Re: old hpbsd sources
To: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/17/1997 16:24:49
	(Note: I have no knowledge about what other people may be doing
	with respect to X11R6 for NetBSD - just trying to help with
	the compiling questions :)

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Andreas Brusinsky wrote:

> [ Working on X11R6 for NetBSD ]
>
>  In file included from cfbrrop.c:36:
>  cfbmskbits.h:132: division by zero in #if
>
>  but in cfbmskbits.h
>  130: /*  set PWSH = log2(PPW) using brute force */
>  131:
>  132: #if PPW == 1       !! what can here produce a division by zero?
>  133: #define PWSH 0

	Can you check for where PPW is defined - it might be a macro
	that ends up expanding to something like '(1 / 0)'.

> In the topcat directory the cfb errors come up again.
>
> Because I have integrated dl.h, I can not understand why
> this error comes up in the input directory:
>  In file included from x_threebut.c:60:
>  x_serialdrv.h:97: syntax error before `shl_t'
>  *** Error code 1

	Uhh pass - could you send a code fragment to the list?:)

		David/abs		david@mono.org

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.-- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          too drunk to care          |    the hell of the night before    |
|  looked like death, felt like hell  |   I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ been the worse for wear ------'-- and still I'll drink some more --'