Subject: xv dumps core
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/12/1997 16:21:43
Heres what I'm doing, maybe someone can help.

I've got

hp380/425
32mb ram/16mb swap (small disks)
2 120mb rd7958 disks
        rd0 has NetBSD 1.2
        rd1 has X11R5         (from ftp.netbsd.org - thanx all)
                openwin_hp300 (thanx to the guy from germany).
                xv 3.10       (from .de site I believe)

X is running in 1024 x 768 x 64 colors (ouch) on a 21" monitor.

I'll start openwin - my defaults are for 2 xterm windows, and xload.
I've got a bmp (from windows) that is 1.2mb or so of myself.

xv will load it up fine, and I can view it full screen. But when I go to
right click on the image to get rid of the file load window, X
DIES with the following messages (retyped):

XIO: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on X server ":0.0"
XIO: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) on X server ":0.0"
     after 70 requests (49 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
     The connection was probably broken by a server shutdown or KillClient.
xterm: fatal IO error 32 (Broken pipe) or KillClient on X server ":0.0"
xinit: connection to X server lost.

and I get a file in my home directory called 'XhpBSD.core' of file
size 1085724 bytes.

Can anyone help out here?

Thanx