Subject: Re: Web Browsers
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/12/1997 10:10:37
At 10:00 AM 3/12/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Just make sure your code *works* on a standard browser.  Then don't worry
>about it.  Use lynx.  If it looks decent in Lynx, it'll be fine in
>Netscrape.

Netscape _IS_ a standard browser. I'm not going to let myself be stuck in the
old says of NCSA & CERN. Sure, using Lynx is fine for data searches/retrevial,
but the web has changed (mutated) so much over the past 4 years that Lynx
doesn't
cut it anymore for doing the Really Neat Stuff. Confining myself to old HTML
wont help me get a job.

On one hand, I could look after the guy with the text based broweser, but if I'm
a marketing director, or a programmer with some hot new Java ideas, I'm going
to go for on the of the big browsers.

IMHO, of course ;)

        Nate