Subject: Re: Avail of tech. docs
To: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
From: Jochen Friedrich <eurjof@eur.sas.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/17/1997 17:02:02
Hi Peter,

> BTW, am I right in thinking that the current NetBSD HPIB drivers assume
> that the HP is the system controller? I'm interested in communicating
> between two computers with GPIB (long term - TCP/IP over GPIB :-) ),
> so obviously only one end could be system controller. My HP has a DIP
> switch on the back which I think turns off SC status, but does the software
> cope with this?

at least the HP/UX implementation is able to pass on the active controller
status to different devices. This is, however, not supported as soon as
disk drives are attached to the particular HP-IB controller (in particular
swapping would be a problem...).

Cheers,
Jochen
--
Jochen Friedrich, eurjof@eur.sas.com
"Seems in the age of plug&pray, the skill to search for something which does