Subject: README: changes to boot blocks
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/04/1997 11:48:24
You may have noticed my recent commits in this area.. I have completely
reorganized the hp300 boot code, modeling it after NetBSD/alpha's
boot code build process.  It's now _much_ more sane.

In the process, I also added support for reading gzip'd miniroot
and kernel images from disk, tape, or network.  In my tests, I found
that this cut the time needed to copy a miniroot from NFS or HP-IB
tape _dramatically_ (75% less time for NFS, 50% less time for tape).

Anyhow, the next time you update your sources, I highly recommend
that you install new boot blocks.

I've tested these on an hp380, hp319, and hp340.  If you have any
problems, please let me know (and, please submit a bug report
with send-pr(1)).

Ciao.