Subject: Re: hp300 parts
To: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
From: michael smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/01/1997 02:37:27
Mike Hibler wrote:

> For those who might be interested but don't know what all these things are,
> here is my take on what is useful:

(snip) Thanks for the info Mike!

> > 98543A        "medium-res colour" (Topcat?)
> I'm not sure this is supported.  It is 512x400x4 color.  I cannot imagine
> anyone wanting this.

Heh.  You can't imagine what I did to it when I read the
resolution you quoted for it 8)  (I thought it had to be pretty bad
given the amount of memory onboard - it's only half-loaded).

> > 98625B        HP-IB disk interface
> This is the best of the non-builtin HP-IB interfaces.  If you have a DIO
> slot and more than one HP-IB device, it could be useful.

No takers for this yet.  I missed out on an HP-IB box at the
last auction that might have had an HP-IB/ESDI(?) interface in
it.  If anyone around the country wants me to keep my eyes open,
I will.

> > 98257A  1M Memory? (4x)
> Only good if you have a 320.

I have a taker for these in the Netherlands, postage willing.

> > 98620B  Memory?
> This is the DMA card for a 320.  Only useful if you need a spare.
> Note that BSD will not work without one of these.

Only for a 320?  That would tend to imply that this chassis had a
320 CPU in it at some stage.  Weird 8)

> > 98568A        7-slot expansion chassis
> This would also be extremely useful to someone with a 320/350/370 as it
> gives you more DIO slots.  Mike: make sure that if you send this to someone
> that you give them the cover with the slot cut in the top (that is on the
> main chassis).

Gotcha.  I still have all the metalwork and PSU's; I'll save them
from this week's tip run.

> > 98561X  9000/300 main chassis
> Never heard of the 'X' rev.  'A' was a 310, 'B' a 320.  Probably not
> useful except for the power supply.

The numbering list I have implies that it's the generic designation
for a given system.  *shrug*

I should have mentioned in the original message; I'm in Adelaide,
South Australia.  It would really only make sense to ship the
chassis around Aust to someone who really wanted them.  The DIO
cards could probably be thrown internationally via surface
freight if they're really worth it.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"