Subject: Re: hp300 parts
To: None <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au, port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Hibler <mike@fast.cs.utah.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/31/1997 07:21:23
For those who might be interested but don't know what all these things are,
here is my take on what is useful:

> 98543A	"medium-res colour" (Topcat?)
I'm not sure this is supported.  It is 512x400x4 color.  I cannot imagine
anyone wanting this.

> 98625B	HP-IB disk interface
This is the best of the non-builtin HP-IB interfaces.  If you have a DIO
slot and more than one HP-IB device, it could be useful.

> 98642A	Async Mux
This is probably the best of the lot, a 4 port mux.  If you have a DIO slot
it will give you 4 input-buffered ports, one with full modem control.
Three of the ports are RJ45 (phone) connectors.

> 98561? 	"Human Interface" (Kbd, serial, audio, HP-IB)
This is a DIO card, but I never had any luck getting one of these to work
in a 320+ machine.  Probably nothing here you want: HIL, unbuffered serial
port, a beeper and slow HP-IB.

> 98257A  1M Memory? (4x)
Only good if you have a 320.

> 98620B  Memory?
This is the DMA card for a 320.  Only useful if you need a spare.
Note that BSD will not work without one of these.

> 98568A	7-slot expansion chassis
This would also be extremely useful to someone with a 320/350/370 as it
gives you more DIO slots.  Mike: make sure that if you send this to someone
that you give them the cover with the slot cut in the top (that is on the
main chassis).

> 98561X  9000/300 main chassis
Never heard of the 'X' rev.  'A' was a 310, 'B' a 320.  Probably not
useful except for the power supply.