Subject: Re: Problems writing bootblock.
To: Kevin Currie <kcurrie@on.bell.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 01/05/1997 17:22:55
On Sun, 5 Jan 1997 13:05:13 -0500 (EST)
 Kevin Currie <kcurrie@on.bell.ca> wrote:

 > 	I've tried numerious times now to install NEtBSD on a 425T I have
 > here.  I get all the way through the installation with no problems and at
 > the end of of installation it tries to write the bootblock to the disk, it
 > says that the length of the bootblock written was 0 and then the system
 > reboots, of course it doesn't come back up, only sits there with a black
 > screen...

...does it print any other errors on the screen?  Hmm, I guess this
is with the NetBSD 1.2 installation tools?

I've found some bugs in the SCSI and HP-IB disk drivers, which I've
fixed, and will commit once I have a chance to test them (updating
kernel sources can take a while, sometimes :-).

Now that the (extremely) busy holiday season is _finally_ over, I
really want to get a snapshot made...

 > 	Anyways, has anybody seen this problem before?  I it's somethong I
 > can't easily fix I'll redo the installation again and this time post my
 > disk info..

I've not seen that problem before at all... can you run the installation
and write down _exactly_ what is displayed when the bootblocks are
written?