Subject: Re: -msoft-float in kernel compiles
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/29/1996 23:03:41
> -msoft-float _shouldnt_ be needed, as there should not be any code
> that uses floating point (except for the aforementioned specifically
> written assembler), but its there as a safety net.

So, I assume the libraries with which kernels are linked do not
actually contain the software floating-point emulation routines, so as
to ensure that if someone pulls a gumby and does use FP in the kernel,
the result won't link?

> This question gets asked regularly on just about all the ports, maybe
> someone should add a comment to the Makefile?

All the ports?  I doubt it shows up much on the VAX port. :-)

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca