Subject: Re: Status of SCSI SYS_INST? The 1.2 SYS_INST? seems to work for me...
To: None <joost@c-lab.de>
From: Mike Ferrara <mikef@rtfm.sr.hp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/09/1996 14:37:33
According to Michael Joosten:
> This is with a ridiculously old disk (third party Sun shoebox, ESDI 180MB and
> Emulex SCSI-ESDI converter. Though I've to say that there was a label on that
> disk, albeit one from that mythical 'dump filesystem via dd' on the disk...
> So, it rather looks like some pecularities with the disk drive, then...
> On the other hand I just discovered that I still have that old rootimage and
> 'makedisk' in source... 3MB and 10KB gzipped.

  .
  .
  .
Hmmm, sure looks like it works. My setup is a 345 with a C3725S 2Gb
spindle at target 0, and an MO at target 1. I boot from the MO, and
can choose neither the MO or the C3725S to disklabel. Interestingly,
the MO is a Sony SMO-650 that is intrinsically EDSI, and has a
SCSI<->ESDI wart on it, too.

-mike

--

  Mike Ferrara M/S 4USS
  HP Microwave Instruments Div R&D

PGP Key Fingerprint = EC F3 52 79 9C 00 0F 78  00 38 28 CC 72 3C 2D 1C