Subject: Re: QUANTUM PD425S support?? (hp300)
To: Reginald J. Reed <rjr@gomab.racal.com>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/06/1996 16:40:06
I dont't know much about SCSI and its terminators and
have also a configuration in which I can not see just with
a straight view where I have to place resistors.

I wanted to place the Quantum drive into the case of my hp 9000/400
apollo computer to save some space. There are inside of the
Apollo two say racks or places for not-too-big disks and also
two internal scsi connectors on the motherboard.
I bought a 3-devices flat internal scsi cable and the drive
was connected.

I dont know what to do with the endings of the calble or something like that.
I do also have connected 3 external scsi-drives in a hp-box which has an
external terminator in the second interface. They work fine.

On the Quantum are directly behind the interface 24 small holes.
Maybe they are for a terminator resistor but they are empty.
There are also some jupers on the Quantum.

	Maybe you can point me at an SCSI introduction point
	and/or provide me with more Info about the Quantum PD425S.

	Thanks anyway
	Bye by Brusi