Subject: Re: Installation via Network
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kevin Currie <kcurrie@on.bell.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/04/1996 18:09:16
On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Rainer Kopietz wrote:

> scottr@Plexus.COM said:
> > You might consider acquiring the NetBSD rbootd and using that,
> > instead, as it has a workaround for this problem.  The source is
> > already packaged up and in the NetBSD-1.2/hp300/install directory of
> > the NetBSD ftp archive.
>
> Thanks, I tried NetBSD's rbootd and the 425e gave me a menu of bootable
> systems. Unfortunately the screen got blank when I choosed SYS_INST or
> SYS_NBOOT.
>
> Is it necessary to have a harddrive connected or are there other possible
> sources of errors? (I have a Domain/OS keyboard connected to it and I read
> that they are not fully supported. Does this mean I can't use it at all?)
	When the screen goes blank it probably means that your gfx card is
not supported.  I *think* that unless it says something like "bit mapped
graphics at console" or something similar it won't work... I'm told that
any card in the SCG slot doesn`t work...

	After working through the above problem now I'm stuck on the fact
that I'm trying to install via NFS and can't seem to get ANYTHING to
happen after setting all of my paramters-- "server path"-- what is this?
The dir where the miniroot is? including the miniroot file?

+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=Bell SYGMA Telecom Solutions - Service Assurance-=-=-=-=-=-=+
|                     | HPUX / Solaris System Admin   |                      |
|  Kevin Currie       |	   kcurrie@on.bell.ca         |      Ottawa, Ontario |
+-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-PGP Key:finger aa847@freenet.carleton.ca=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=+