Subject: Re: EVRX support?
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/30/1996 17:07:34
On Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:12:38 -0500 (EST)
 der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA> wrote:

 > There's this HP machine here, whose owner would like to run NetBSD on
 > it.  (HP appears to consider it worth only using as a boat anchor, he
 > says.)  I've managed to get SYS_INST onto it from the net and via SCSI
 > (dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/rsd1c obs=512 conv=osync on NetBSD/sparc and
 > then move the disk).  However, no matter what I do, the screen goes
 > black and stays that way.  Is this simply a graphics board NetBSD
 > doesn't support?

"Yes."  The biggest problem is that there's simply no support for the
SGC bus.  Until that code is written, you'll have to use NetBSD
with a serial console.  Very sorry :(

Doing something about SGC is on my list, but it's not been a very
high priority (other things, new config, are, and they haven't been
getting enough attention, either... *sigh*).