Subject: Help with /dev/tty0 - I'm Stuck
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: wayne (w.) crosbie <crosbie@nortel.ca>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/28/1996 07:47:00
I net-configured a 425t many months ago with 1.1 and now have it at home.

I can't get /dev/tty0 to open from tip or pppd or slattach, they either
say permission denied link down or device not configured.

In reading the archives, I've seen notes of how the "flags" have changed
since that release, but I can't migrate up to 1.2 if I can't get ppp to
work. My network boot facility is gone.

I'm assuming I've done something wrong or missed something simple.

help!

Also, I have a second 200 meg SCSI drive which I would like to set up
with 1.2 once I get passed problem #1. What is the easiest way to get it
configured and make it bootable?

thanks

Wayne Crosbie