Subject: Re: rbootd for Linux - finally...
To: None <nivoit_jea@lsi.supelec.fr>
From: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/13/1996 20:45:23
nivoit_jea@lsi.supelec.fr wrote:

> Hello all,
>
>         I am now trying to have my HP machine boot from my linux box,
> and use its root and swap via nfs on the linux box, too, as Peter Maydell
> suggested we could do...
>
>         The problem I have is that, the HP sticks to the NetBSD boot,
> saying 'bad date in battery block', after having chosen the network boot
> from the boot options menu...

Something like this, you mean?

 nfs_boot: hostname=tiroth
 root on dram:/export/hp/root/
 WARNING: bad date in battery clock
 swap on dram:/export/hp/swap
 WARNING: no swap space found  (you won't have this if you get swap
                                configured right!)

I got that (once) but it didn't hang there. Only thing I can think of:
have you executed MAKEDEV std in the /export/hp/dev directory on the
Linux box? If you haven't done this, NetBSD hangs here because it
can't find the console device (try looking at the debug output
of nfsd - this is most helpful to determine where the sticking
point is...)

Peter Maydell.