Subject: Re: Installing on hp..
To: Philip Blundell <pjb27@cam.ac.uk>
From: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/09/1996 21:08:12
Philip Blundell wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Nov 1996, Peter Maydell wrote:
>
> > I finally found the cause of the trouble - my network card
> > will receive, but it won't transmit! No wonder the HP wasn't
> > responding.... Tried with another card, got rather further.
>
> D'oh.  Does your machine boot successfully now?

It works! It works! Bwahahahahah!
Erm...

My version of rbootd now successfully sends SYS_NBOOT to the HP.
(Essentially, the write code *was* correct - I just had to fix
a bug where rbootd didn't like having the correct source (PC)
address written into its packets - it keeps the HP's address
in that field so it can keep track of connections...)
It now comes up with a prompt, and makes a RARP request, which
I can satisfy. It then tries bootparamd (I think) which I can't
do yet - I have sources that should compile for Linux, but don't.

I will tar it all up and stick it on my web page at some point.
At an even later date, I may put #ifdefs into it and tidy it
generally, so it can be one with the NetBSD sources...

Peter Maydell.