Subject: Re: Installing on hp..
To: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
From: Philip Blundell <pjb27@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/09/1996 11:59:41
On Fri, 8 Nov 1996, Peter Maydell wrote:

> >  > Current state of progress is that it correctly receives the
> >  > Send Server ID packet from my HP 9000/340, and tries to send back
> >  > the response. *Something* gets sent, but the HP just repeats the Send
> >  > Server ID request. I conclude that something's wrong with my code for
> >
> > First guess, byte-order problem.
>
> Hmm. I've had a look at tcpdump's output
> (see http://mnementh.trin.cam.ac.uk/hp/) and (although my understanding
> of what ought to be sent and in what order is rather sketchy) nothing
> seems to be out of order - most fields like DXSAP are in the same
> order as the HP's packets...

I was bored last night, so I hacked my own rbootd for Linux.  My HP sees
_something_, but doesn't seem to work properly.

I get "searching for a system", then it displays the hostname of the Linux
machine and the name of its boot file at the top right of the screen, then
it says "SYSTEM NOT FOUND" and stops.  Anybody got any idea what might be
the issue here?

phil