Subject: Re: Installing on hp..
To: Genquan Xu <gxu@engr.csulb.edu>
From: David Tauzell <tauzell@math.umn.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/07/1996 17:02:47
> > >  > The disklabel fails.  No matter what unit you give it, you get "device
> > >  > not configured".  Always.

I have some weird Scottish disks (actually only one now as the other broke
down a few months ago).  Anyway, just before my disk with the OS blew up,
I figured out how to disklabel the other.  In my case it was sufficient to
get rid of the label in /etc/* (i can't remember the name now).

This isn't of much help becuase I never really fiugred out why this was
so, but you should go look in /etc/disktab (thats it) and see if anything
looks funny.

---
David Tauzell.  I like unix.