Subject: Re: NetBSD hp300 ver 1.0
To: Wes Brown <wes@prozac.student.cwru.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/07/1996 09:48:15
On Wed, 6 Nov 1996 15:21:03 -0500 (EST)
 Wes Brown <wes@prozac.student.cwru.edu> wrote:

 > Alright.  I have finally gotten the disklabel to work correctly.  My best
 > advice to anyone would be to go into SAM under HP-UX and "Add a Drive".  It
 > will give you an option to initialize the media.  After that, the disklabel
 > process went fine.

Hmm ... mediainit... I'll have to take a look at possibly "simulating"
that ...

 > The problem that I am now having is that my arps are not being answered.  I
 > solved this problem by using the install technique from 1.0.  Since I have
 > a number 7958B drives, I just used the label file that was provided.  The
 > rootimage.gz has been loaded on the disk.  Now when I try to boot that
 > drive/filesystem I receive an error stating "SYSTEM WOULD LOAD TOO HIGH"
 > just above the "Reset to PowerUp" line at the bottom of the boot up screen.

did you put a boot program on there, too, or just the root image?  That
old root image doesn't have a boot program in it.  You have to put
that on the disk separately.  Sounds like you didn't use the `makedisk'
program that 1.0 shipped with.