Subject: None
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <nivoit_jea@lsi.supelec.fr>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/05/1996 12:43:12
Hi all

	I finally managed to install NetBSd-1.1 on my hp300, thanks to your
advice. I wrote with 'dd' the SYS_INST on the target disk, as I was suggered
to... and as it's much faster than booting from tape, I was able to do it!

	disklabel-ing was  certainly a piece of work, but after that, installing
from my Linux box via nfs was very easy, although it took a while.

	thank you all, then!

	now I'm in the process of upgrading to NetBSD-1.2 .. do I have to
install all packages from NetBSD-1.2 ? I 'd rather just recompile the 1.2
kernel... but will it work for sure...that's my  question for today :-)

	And to the hp300-port team, I have to say they have to keep up the good
work!

		jb.

		Jean-Baptiste Nivoit
		Supelec, Gif-Sur-Yvette, France.