Subject: Re: le0: CRC errors
To: Mike Kelly <tfsmiles@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Chris G Demetriou <Chris_G_Demetriou@ux2.sp.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/23/1996 20:22:36
> Occasionally I get this error message one the system console:
> le0: CRC
> le0: FRAM
>
> I have several 300 series machines running NetBSD 1.1 all of which seem
> to suffer from this problem.  I have not been running 1.2 long enough to
> determine if this problem is still present.

This is not a "problem."

Those messages indicate that the networking hardware has detected CRC
and/or framing errors on your network.  In other words, it's likely
that either your network wiring is flaky, or some host on your network
has a somewhat broken ethernet interface.

Many/most operating systems and drivers just ingnore those
indications.  We present the information.

cgd