Subject: DDB question
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steve Peurifoy <swp@col.hp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/11/1996 14:57:14
Hi folks,

Whenever the hp300 I have at home panics (for whatever reason), it writes
the appropriate "panic: <whatever>" message to the console, then tries to
drop into the debugger.  I get

Stopped at <wherever>: unlk  a6
db>

Cool so far.  Unfortunately, ddb rudely ignores anything I type and
just sits there.  Nothing I type is even echoed.  I've looked everywhere
I could think of in the source and documentation but could find no
explanation.  So, is this:

1)  Expected behavior/pilot error?

2)  Something I have misconfigured?  (DDB is in the config file)

3)  Something anyone else has seen before?

4)  Something fixed in 1.2?

I'm currently running 1.1B compiled from tarballs from around last May
but I saw the same thing from a couple of earlier versions.  My console
is a 98550 if it makes a difference.

Thanks very much for any advice,

Steve Peurifoy
swp@col.hp.com