Subject: Re: st: wrong parameters
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG, spberry@image1.ansci.iastate.edu>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 10/08/1996 11:32:00
Hi there...

> I recently bought another SCSI disk to put on my 340.  I then looked at the
> scsi disks I was having problems getting recognized.  Seems that whether
> the disk spins up automagically or needs the adapter to tell it to determines
> whether the kernel will probe it correctly.
>
> Point of information only, since I'll probably not tear the system back down
> to lookup the exact error message, or to play with it.
>
> (I currently have a micrapolis 1.6G, seagate 330, (both 5.25 FH) a conner 40M
> (3.5 slimline) all sitting on an old pc power supply as my system disks)

I have a very similar problem with my 345... however, my disk is a quantum lightning 540 which is on some kind of blacklist, something like 'doesn`t run on hp 9000/300, no one knows why' ... the controller simply doesn`t recognize the disk.
So, if this problem gets solved, I would be *very* intrested...

bye
MichaeL