Subject: Re: Support of Domain Keyboard
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/24/1996 08:22:39
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>  wrote:
 > On Mon, 23 Sep 1996 08:49:14 +1000 (EST)
 >  Andrew Routley <andrew_r@cs.utas.edu.au> wrote:
 >  > Myself and a couple of friends have a few old 425t machines and want to
 >  > install NetBSD on them.  The only problem being that they have Doamin
 >  > Keyboards rather than HIL.  So the question is...  what would it take for
 >  > us to design and implement a driver for the Domain Keyboard (including
 >  > where we might find technical documentation on the keyboard and port)?
 >
 > I _think_ the keyboard is 1200-8N1 serial .. I don't know the exact
 > pinout... Herb?  (Is this a FAQ now? :-)

It's probably a FAQ.  I checked the book and there's kind of a lot of
information to type in.  When I was playing around I was using 1200e71
but I see in the book that both are valid depending on what mode the
keyboard is in.  There are about 4 modes.

Anyway, if anyone needs this information, I can probably type in the
relevant parts of maybe scan and make some gifs available... Not that
I'm sure what the copyright terms would be on that...