Subject: virtual to physical mapping in the HPUX kernel ??
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Joosten <joost@cadlab.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/21/1996 16:41:32
Hello,

last night I tried again to discover the mythical utiliy chip in a 400t, in
order to perhaps use the Domain/OS keyboard. As brute force methods (scanning
the address space) haven't helped much, I remebered that HPUX 7/8 for 400
series allegedly had the possibility to use the other 2 serial lines that also
on the RS232 port (via Apollo split cable). Having no HPUX for this beast of
course, or I would have a HIL keyboard), I checked HP patch repository and even
found a patch that conatined a kernel module called apollo_pci.o. After some
disassembly, I saw a reference to an absolute address, where some movb are
performed:

0xb76:                  movl    #0x2021c0e0,a0
0xb7c:                  movb    a0@,d0
0xb7e:                  extbl   d0
0xb80:                  bset    #6,d0
0xb84:                  movb    d0,a0@
0xb86:                  bras    0xb5c
0xb88:                  movl    #0x2021c0e0,a0
0xb8e:                  movb    a0@,d0

This might perhaps be somwehere in registerland of the utility chip, since the
routine that references seems to be apollo_pciinit. Any ideas where this
address (0x2021c0e0 or 0x2021c0e8 might be physically ?? Or has anybody still
access to a hp400 running HPUX and can find that out? Perhaps an include file
for this in /usr/sys or whatever it is called on HPUX???

Regards, Michael