Subject: Re: Boot Rom again...
To: Kyle Mestery <mestery@cobber.cord.edu>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/10/1996 14:12:19
Kyle Mestery <mestery@cobber.cord.edu>  wrote:
 > rom rev a on it.) The boot rom I got from hp in the mail is about .5" x
 > .5", square. The description of it in their database was "Boot Rom,
 > Series 400 Apollo." However, it does not look like what my boot rom is.
 > Am I not looking at the right chip, or did I not get the right boot rom?

hmmm... When I upgraded my 345, I ordered the bootrom that Dave
mentioned... it was a J-lead (can't remember the right name for
the packaging) part.  However, when I upgraded my 400s, the part I
used was a 40pin dip 2MB part. (27c022 I think)... I have here
somewhere a file of S-records for that part that I saved "just in
case" I ever needed it. I believe someone has already taken the
Srecords and toasted a PROM of their own to upgrade their 400.