Subject: Had to happen.
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Fletcher Christian <Fletch2@ibm.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/04/1996 22:26:22
I worked the weekend and while trying to find the showers in the
factory block I came across a room packed with HP equipment.

Asked around and found that the stuff was from a decomissioned lab
awaiting disposal after a research through the invoices I discover that
they are. (Drum roll please)

HP900/332's

That's right, the 68030 based machines no one has ever actually seen.
Also they are one of only 2 HP300 models the FAQ says won't run
netBSD. Question: is  there a reason why these machines
can't run the software or is it just that no one has tried it. I have some
maths copro's floating around ('81 not 82's I'm afraid) but at least lack
of floating point won't be a problem.

Basically I need to know what my chances are before I make them an
offer for the equipment.

Fletch