Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp300
To: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/03/1996 20:23:04
David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>  wrote:
 > My 375 (now a 380) does not have an internal SCSI connector that I have
 > ever seen.  It certainly doesn't have the room to mount a drive that some
 > of the 345s have.  For some reason I seem to remember that only some of the
 > 345s have room for the internal drive.  Were there two different 345 cases?

the two 345's that I possess have room for internal drives.  We bought
one drive-bracket once 'cuz the machine was going "out of town" and
we wanted to do it up proper... there's 2 square holes on the mother-
board towards the front of the case... The drive bracket has screwholes
that go through those holes and screw into the bottom of the case after
you slide it on.  The other side of the drive-bracket goes into a couple
of small holes on the side of the power-supply...

Careful though, the IDC connector on the motherboard that you plug the
scsi cable into is actually backwards (ie: incorrectly keyed) so you either
need to use an unkeyed cable, file the key off, or build your own custom
cable). Someone was obviously smoking some rope when they designed that
puppy...