Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp300
To: David Carrel <carrel@cisco.com>
From: Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/03/1996 21:26:41
On Tue, 3 Sep 1996, David Carrel wrote:

> > Ought to work ... note, however, I've never actually used a 345 ... I
> > know a couple of people who have (Herb, Dave?), so they might be able to
> > give you mounting suggestions (I think there was a special bracket for
> > the drive?)
>
> My 375 (now a 380) does not have an internal SCSI connector that I have
> ever seen.  It certainly doesn't have the room to mount a drive that some
> of the 345s have.  For some reason I seem to remember that only some of the
> 345s have room for the internal drive.  Were there two different 345 cases?

The 382 has the built in SCSI port, the 380 required a card.  The card
would either be an HS-HPIB or SCSI.  It's been awhile since I've seen one,
but as I recall it was really rather small.  I did note, however, that
someone at work mentioned a 380 that had a SCSI port only needing a cable
from the 50 pin header to a 50 pin Centronics - but I didn't personally
see it nor do I know how new it is/was.   Look at that 380 again near
the HS-HPIB connector mounting area.

The 382 also has room for the internal drive, I don't recall if there was
also room for tape or floppy, but I wanna say there is.  I think I may
have commented on that once before when I had the machine apart for it's
normal cleaning, but I can't find it right now.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
             Database Manager Michigan Area Repeater Council
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2