Subject: Re: 7475A and 35401
To: None <spberry@iastate.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/03/1996 15:46:09
On Mon, 2 Sep 1996 00:57:25 -0500
 spberry@iastate.edu wrote:

 > Among the odd HPIB things I'd like to get working, it would appear I can
 > send things to a 7475A set to address 5 per the driver, but it never seems
 > to get all there.  Is this an interface that requires a read for every write?
 > Also, is it trivial to modify the ct driver such that it sees a 35401 as a
 > 9144?
 >
 > TIA, and sorry for the bandwidth if I missed something.

Err, is a 7475A a printer/plotter?  :-)  To be honest, I'm not sure how
well the ppi driver works ... I've never used it...

Re. the 35401 ... take a look at ctmatch() ... you might want to put some
printfs in there to determine what the tape is returning for the hwid,
and add the correct checks for that hardware ID ... if it works, send me
a patch; I'll be happy to put it in the ct driver :-)

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --