Subject: Re: NetBSD/hp300
To: Wiker, Raymond <etorwi@eto.ericsson.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 09/03/1996 13:15:26
[ Re-directing to the list... ]

On Tue, 3 Sep 96 14:38:27 +0200
 "Wiker, Raymond" <etorwi@eto.ericsson.se> wrote:

 > 	Hi. I'm currently running NetBSD on a pc532, but I'm about to
 > get an HP300 (345) as well. This machine has a couple of low-capacity
 > HPIB disks (only one of which is working) as well as a HPIB tape unit.
 > There is also something that appears to be a SCSI disk connector
 > (internal), which might be more useful to me ;-)

Yah, the 345 had an internal SCSI bus (you could put a drive in the very
front of the machine, right behind the grille).

 > 	I can connect this machine to the network at work and install
 > from that, but I'm a bit uncertain about what I need to do before
 > that. I assume that I can just use the SCSI connector and install a
 > 3.5 inch unit internally - is that correct? I'm not too keen on
 > using the big, noisy & low-capacity HPIB disks...

Ought to work ... note, however, I've never actually used a 345 ... I
know a couple of people who have (Herb, Dave?), so they might be able to
give you mounting suggestions (I think there was a special bracket for
the drive?)

ciao.

 -- save the ancient forests - http://www.bayarea.net/~thorpej/forest/ --