Subject: Re: NetBSD to HP9000/340 (fwd)
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Chris Trown <ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/23/1996 17:14:28
Jason Thorpe sez

> On Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:49:19 -0600
>  Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> wrote:
>
>  >  > I think that means machine have HP-IB interface, but this odd
>  >  > 7963B in some=
>  >  >  kind of SCSI adapter which can connect SCSI-drives to HP-IB channel?
>  >
>  > to my knowledge, the disks inside an hpib box are ESDI or MFM but not SCSI.
>  > If you want to do SCSI on a 340, you need to get a SCSI card.  The 340 has
>  > one slot..
>
> I _think_ they're MFM...

     Funny this should come up.  I popped one open this weekend.  The 7958
disks have MFM on the label, so I guess it's safe to assume that the 7963Bs are
also MFM.

>  >  > Is this supported in latest release of NetBSD?
>  >

     We have a couple of 400Ts that have a SCSI and a HP-IB interface.  NetBSD
can have both interfaces active at the same time.  And I thought that I was
going to have to resurrect a 340 with HP-IB to act as some sort of file server
for my kernel source trees.

Chris...

+         Chris Trown	    + 	   CSRV Monkey Suit   	|       Fly low	      +
+ ctrown@ecst.csuchico.edu  +	      worn under	|      and avoid      +
+   KD6EVS | '92 CBR600F2   +  	       PROTEST!  	|      the radar      +